I would like to think I am a strong woman. Life has given me lemons and I made lemonade.
In tough times, I learned to be my own personal cheerleader and created my own village to back me up. Other times, I went out and found a tribe for support. My dad raised a strong daughter, that’s all I needed to know to trudge forward. I think I have put up the most courageous act in the last few years of my life. Does this make me a successful person? A good woman who never wavered in her faith of what she believed to be true? Did I shatter glass ceilings of other’s expectations?
I certainly did. And without losing focus of my own moral compass. Journey by no means is not over. I won a little, lost a lot but hey, we live with the consequences of the choices we make. Only expectations you need to satisfy is yours. Only person you need to please is YOU. Your own happiness is what that matters, not your parents, husband’s, children’s, other family members etc.
My experience has taught me a lot. It still teaches me something new everyday. So today I want to talk about a successful woman. What comes to mind when you think of her? Success in life, success in career, success in achieving goals.. it could be anything. Feeling successful is also a feeling of contentment that can come from any of this and more. In my case, I would say I am successful in sticking by my dreams and principles. It is not easy, it is damn hard every step of the way. And it CAN continue for a long time. But at the end, I own life. I am not indebted to it. Whatever I have, I earned it. And that is a great feeling in itself!
Enough about me now, let’s look into some serious stuff.
Characteristics of a Successful Woman
Characteristics of a successful woman can vary widely depending on individual goals, aspirations, and the context in which they operate. However, here are some common characteristics often associated with successful women:
- Ambition: Successful women tend to be highly ambitious and have clear goals they strive to achieve. They are driven to excel in their chosen fields and are willing to put in the effort required to reach their objectives.
- Confidence: Successful women believe in themselves and their abilities. They have confidence in their decisions and are not easily discouraged by setbacks or criticism. Their self-assurance allows them to take risks and pursue opportunities.
- Resilience: Successful women display resilience in the face of challenges and obstacles. They bounce back from failures, learn from their mistakes, and use setbacks as opportunities for growth. They possess the determination to persevere and overcome difficulties.
- Leadership: Many successful women demonstrate strong leadership skills. They are effective communicators, collaborators, and decision-makers. They inspire and motivate others, and are capable of guiding and influencing individuals or teams toward shared goals.
- Continuous Learning: Successful women have a thirst for knowledge and a commitment to ongoing learning. They understand the importance of staying informed about industry trends, acquiring new skills, and adapting to changes in their field. They embrace personal and professional development opportunities.
- Empathy and Emotional Intelligence: Successful women often possess high levels of empathy and emotional intelligence. They understand the importance of building strong relationships and are skilled at understanding and responding to the needs and emotions of others. This enables them to effectively lead teams and navigate interpersonal dynamics.
- Work-Life Balance: Successful women recognize the significance of maintaining a healthy work-life balance. They prioritize their well-being, as well as their personal relationships and other interests, alongside their professional pursuits. They understand that true success encompasses various aspects of life.
- Networking and Support: Successful women understand the value of building and nurturing a network of supportive relationships. They actively seek out mentors, allies, and collaborators who can provide guidance, opportunities, and support along their journey. They are also willing to extend help and support to others.
- Adaptability: Successful women are adaptable and open to change. They embrace innovation and are willing to step outside their comfort zones to seize new opportunities. They understand that flexibility and the ability to adapt to evolving circumstances are crucial for long-term success.
- Integrity and Authenticity: Successful women maintain high levels of integrity and authenticity in their actions and interactions. They operate with honesty, ethics, and a strong sense of personal values. They are true to themselves and their principles, which contributes to their credibility and respect within their professional and personal spheres.
It’s important to note that these characteristics are not exclusive to women and can be found in successful individuals of any gender.
27 Behind Every Successful Woman Quotes
Here are some behind every successful inspirational quotes for your reading. Hope these empowering messages find home in your heart to bloom and flourish.
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” – Coco Chanel
“Don’t let anyone tell you you’re not strong enough.” – Serena Williams
“The most effective way to do it is to do it.” – Amelia Earhart
“Success isn’t about how much money you make, it’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.” – Michelle Obama
“You can’t be that kid standing at the top of the water slide, overthinking it. You have to go down the chute.” – Tina Fey
“I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow.” – Marissa Mayer
“If you’re not making mistakes, then you’re not making decisions.” – Catherine Cook
“The way to achieve your own success is to be willing to help somebody else get it first.” – Iyanla Vanzant
“You may not always have a comfortable life, but you will always be able to create a life of purpose and impact.” – Sheryl Sandberg
“You are more powerful than you know; you are beautiful just as you are.” – Melissa Etheridge
“Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.” – Sara Blakely
“I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” – Estée Lauder
“Do not wait for someone else to come and speak for you. It’s you who can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai
“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Sally Berger
“I can’t think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself.” – Emma Stone
“We do not need magic to change the world; we carry all the power we need inside ourselves.” – J.K. Rowling
“Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Oprah Winfrey
“Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
“You can’t give up! If you give up, you’re like everybody else.” – Chris Evert
“The most important thing is to be yourself, and if you’re not, then fake it till you make it.” – Whitney Wolfe Herd
“I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home… I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby.” – Nancie J. Carmody
“Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.” – Unknown
“Success is not the absence of failure; it’s the persistence through failure.” – Aisha Tyler
“It’s not about having it all. It’s about loving it all.” – Reese Witherspoon
Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” – Maya Angelou
“You have to believe in yourself when no one else does. That’s what makes you a winner.” – Venus Williams
Hope you like these quotes from the tribe of other successful women. I scoured social media and picked out the ones I loved the most. There are gazillion quotes out there that are so inspiring. Take some time to research and find the ones that resonates with you!