Another recipe post from me! Say what?
I know. Recipes are rare here these days as the focus of the blog has changed in the past year to self-care and mental wellness. But did you know cooking is therapy for some? Yeah! The comforting act of creating and developing recipes has a way of soothing you mentally. And not to mention, delicious food on the table as the end result is a win any day!
RELATED: Fall Food Recipes Round up
So here I am with another food idea which you may want to try. There are tons of meat versions of Manicotti I found online. So this one is meatless and the best recipe for Manicotti yet! Change is always good, yes? The odd one in the crowd? Yeah, that.
Cheesy Manicotti is a super simple recipe you can quickly make. And everyone will love it!
Best Recipe for Manicotti for Weeknights
A super simple comfort food recipe that everyone will love!
- One package of Manicotti noodles
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese (More to add on top if you choose)
- 15 oz. tub of ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 24 oz. jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley chopped (plus more for garnish)
- Salt and pepper to taste
RELATED: Onion Soup Meatloaf Recipe
- Cook manicotti about 8-10 minutes or until Al dente, drain and lay on parchment paper to cool and dry
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a 9×13 baking dish by spreading a thin layer of pasta sauce along the bottom
- Using a large bowl, mix together mozzarella, ricotta, parmesan, eggs, parsley, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Using a knife, gently slice the manicotti noodle to open it up. Add cheese filling and close the noodle back up placing it in the baking dish, seam side down
- Arrange manicotti in a single layer in the baking dish. When all manicotti are filled, cover the top with remaining pasta sauce
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese has fully melted.
- Allow cooling for 5-10 minutes
- Enjoy! ☺
With Love, Vinma
P.S: This post contains affiliate links. See the Disclosure policy page for more on that.