Are you an essential oil user or looking for creative ways to use the essential oil blends for anxiety and depression? Read this post for 5 calming essential oil blends to instantly help you see the results!
Essential oils are a great tool for wellness and self care. Although I discovered it’s power very late, I haven’t stopped using them ever since. Taken from the purest and natural sources on earth, essential oils bring the potency and simplicity of nature in little bottles that we have come to enjoy. Essential single oils have their own unique chemistry and aroma, giving it an exclusive set of benefits for the user.
But let’s talk about essential oil blends today. Blends are created to further harness the power of essential oils that combine several single essential oils with other natural ingredients to help the user to achieve a more specific desired effect. Because they are unique with the combination of the best of several oils, essential oil blends are an integral part of any essential oil collection.
I want to talk more about calming essential oil blends and how they help with easing anxiety and stress in this post.
5 Calming Essential Oil Blends for Anxiety and Depression
Often in our race to live life and juggle responsibilities, time to wind down and relax literally has no place or priority. We go on thinking everything is fine and dandy until one day we crash and burn in the aftermath of the chaotic life we lead. Now no one wants to be in that predicament. Ideally, we want to feel grounded all the time by calling on the calmness that is so well hidden in us.
And this is where calming essential oil blends play the part. These essential oil blends for anxiety and depression are known for promoting harmony and tranquility which are great agents in helping you find that mental plane of relaxation and destress.
So without delay, have a look at 5 calming essential oil blends to combat your stress and anxiety in everyday life. These oils will also help you sleep better through the nights. Please note, I recommend doTerra oils as I use them and I am familiar with the product line.
1. Past Tense Calming Essential Oil Blend
Past Tense essential oil blend addresses tension and discomfort. If you get headaches due to stress or neck tension, this oil provides a cool calming comfort almost instantly. The Past Tense essential oil blend contains lavender, chamomile and frankincense – oils that are known for their strong calming properties. It will aid your calming emotions and soothe both mind and body at any time with the convenient use of a roll-on bottle.
- Apply to back of neck before travel
- Use topically before and after exercise
- Use topically at work or home for a relaxing aroma
- Massage into shoulders, neck and back for a cooling soothing sensation
- Apply to back of neck and temples for a calming fragrance before difficult situations
2. Peace Calming Essential Oil Blend
Even the name of this calming essential oil blend brings you peace, isn’t it? As the name suggests, doTerra Peace blend is a positive reminder that you don’t have to be perfect to find peace. Created with a blend of mint and floral essential oils, the Peace calming essential oil blend can help calm emotions and take you right back to a peaceful mindset. Slow down, take a deep breath and reconnect with the composed, collected You.
- Apply to neck and wrists for a peaceful fragrance
- Add to fractioned coconut oil and use in a soothing massage
- Place on bottoms of feet in the morning for a relaxing aroma
- Diffuse for a comforting aroma during times of difficulty
- Apply to a cotton ball and place in car’s AC vent for a soothing aroma
3. Serenity Essential Oil Blend
Serenity essential oil is a combination of Lavender, Marjoram, Roman Chamomile and Ylang Ylang with the exotic aromas of Hawaiian Sandalwood and Vanilla Bean. Let me tell you, EVERY household needs this! The specialty of Serenity calming essential oil blend is that it soothes the soul, providing a safe haven from life’s daily stressors. Watch the difference it will make to your morning the next day if you apply it to bottoms of your feet before bed the night before. Total relaxation and calmness will welcome you at dawn 🙂
- Apply to back of neck for calming aroma
- Apply to bottoms of feet at bedtime to help unwind
- Combine with Epsom salts in a warm bath for a relaxing, renewing sensation
- Diffuse at night in your child’s bedroom
- Diffuse for a relaxing aroma
4. Hope Touch Essential Oil Blend
Hope’s signature is its uplifting scent that can truly inspire the user to get in touch with his/her calm center. Hope Touch is a distinct essential oil blend combining the fresh scent of Bergamot with Ylang Ylang and Frankincense, then sweetened slightly with the warming aroma of Vanilla Bean Absolute.
- Apply to neck for a refreshing aroma
- Apply to wrists for a personalized fragrance
- Use in conjunction with a massage to energize and uplift
- Keep on hand and apply throughout the day for an uplifting scent
Roll on a satchet and keep in drawers to give clothes a refreshing aroma.
5. Balance Essential Oil Blend
Balance is basically known as the grounding blend in doTerra community. Aroma is airy, fresh, sweet and woody. Balance oil is a blend of Spruce Leaf, Ho Wood Leaf, Frankincense Resin, Blue Tansy Flower, Blue Chamomile Flower, and Osmanthus Flower essential oils in a base of Fractionated Coconut Oil. The Balance blend is a subtle combination of essential oils that promote harmony, tranquility and a sense of relaxation throughout its grounding, peaceful fragrance.
- Apply topically before bed for a calming aroma
- Apply to neck and wrists for a peaceful aroma
- Apply to bottoms of feet for a grounding fragrance
- Combine with Epsom salt in a warm bath for relaxation
Diffuse to create a calm environment when meditating or practicing yoga.
Essential oil blends have far-reaching benefits if used as advised. Blends are a great way to enjoy the best of all single essential oils combined creatively for maximum user benefits based on their individual needs. If you are like me and could use a hand in maintaining calmness in everyday life, I suggest you try one or all of the calming essential oils mentioned in this post.
The thing about being an essential oil user is that you will just know which oils are working for you and which ones don’t in a certain number of uses. And once that awareness comes about, it is a match made in heaven! It’s like you hold a magic key to finetuning your mental harmony and no one can take that away from you. Call me crazy but that is the truth. It is also fun to test out different blends and see what works for you or which ones to stay away from.
I hope my list of 5 calming essential oil blends for anxiety and depression will help you in finding your own personalized essential oil blends that you can swear by one day 🙂
With love, Vinma