Who says that school lunches need to be boring? The truth is there are all sorts of ways to jazz up your child’s lunch and give them something tasty and fun. These easy lunch box pizzas are the perfect back to school lunch item, and even make the perfect after school snack. And with the help of Gay Lea’s Ivanhoe Extra Old White cheddar cheese, making lunch box pizzas is easy and they are perfect even when enjoyed cold.
Some less known facts about Gay Lea’s Ivanhoe Cheese
– Ivanhoe has gained an enviable reputation for its high quality, aged cheddar cheese and specialty cheeses.
– As the oldest cheese company of its kind in Canada, it still remains a local attraction in the hamlet of Ivanhoe!
– They produce award-winning artisan cheddars, as well as an extensive selection of specialty cheeses including Naturally Smoked Gouda and flavoured Monterey Jacks. They even offer Kosher and Halal varieties.
Now, kids can try creating these lunch box pizzas on their own, giving them some ownership over their lunch, or you can surprise them with a lunch box pizza that you’ve created. So say goodbye to boring lunches. Here is how you can get started making your own easy lunch box pizza, just in time for back to school season!
Lunch Box Pizzas
Other toppings you can try is fresh chopped veggies, cooked sausage or ham, or even dried seasonings such as basil or oregano.
1. Begin by toasting the English muffin lightly. If you prefer, you can also leave it as is. It just depends on your tastes and the taste of your child.
2. Spread on a thin layer of the pizza sauce. Keep the sauce in the center of the muffin to keep it less messy. Jar pizza sauce works just fine for this. You don’t need anything fancy.
3. Top with a layer of shredded Ivanhoe white cheddar cheese. Put as little or as much as you wish. Try to keep it centered to avoid a mess.
4. Add a layer of mini pepperonis. Again, add as little or as much as you wish. You can even make a happy face with them if you want.
5. Go ahead and add the additional options mentioned above, should you care to.
Now, you can either pack the lunch box pizza as it is, or warm it for a few seconds in the microwave to melt the cheese. Either way is just as tasty. Wrap it in plastic wrap OR an air tight container for your child to enjoy.
As you can see, these lunch box pizzas are a fantastic way to add some fun to your child’s lunch and get away from the usual sandwich.
They are easy and inexpensive to make, and perfect for families on the go or those with picky tastes. Gather up your supplies and give these easy lunch box pizzas a try! They are sure to make your child’s lunch box an exciting place to be.
And in other news, Gay Lea is so excited to introduce their newest product, Nordica Smooth Cottage Cheese! It has all the benefits of regular cottage cheese without the lumpy texture. The new Nordica is available in 2 flavors, Vanilla Bean and Salted Caramel flavors. You can either enjoy it on its own, or with your favourite toppings.
Since it is packed with 10g of protein per serving and only 110 calories, you can also slip some into your smoothies, shakes, cakes and muffins for a guilt-free enhancement. Nordica Smooth comes in 100g cups, making it a convenient, light snack to enjoy anytime day or night. With 25% more protein than leading Greek yogurts and a source of calcium, it is the sweeter way to replenish your body after a workout. Product is available in Ontario only at major grocery stores except No Frills and Walmart.
Visit Gay Lea for more information on the new Nordica Smooth and sign up for their newsletter for inside scoop on seasonal recipes, exclusive coupons, life style tips and more.
Disclosure: I am part of the Gay Lea Ambassador Campaign with Influence Central and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.
FREE Self-Care Planner Bundle when you subscribe!
Your email will never be shared!
heidi c. says
These are so cute and my little guys would love them for lunch.
Christine Topley says
I’ve made these before but not with English Muffins I will have to try them this way.
Christine Topley recently posted…Freshly Picked Moccasins Giveaway
Suzie M says
This would make a nice change from sandwiches
Zomick's Bakery says
Thanks so much for this, I needed the inspiration!
Zomick’s Bakery recently posted…Kosher Food