My husband loves stuffed peppers. But I admit I don’t make them often. When I do make them, I always change the recipe around for fun. So far, all the stuffed peppers recipes I tried out are simply delicious. And yes, my husband would agree as well 😉
Recently, I came across an easy stuffed peppers recipe that turned out to be so yummy that I simply had to share with you guys. This one calls for mini bell peppers. I have to say, my recipes always centered around regular green peppers. There were few other ingredients as well that I never used in my other recipes. I was hesitant at first but as adventurous I was when it comes to kitchen affairs, this girl went ahead and gave it a try! And I am glad I did 🙂
So with out further ado, I present to you an easy Stuffed Peppers Recipe, Yes! You are welcome 🙂
EASY STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPE
MINI TACO STUFFED PEPPERS WITH CILANTRO LIME CREAM SAUCE
Yields: approximately 32 servings
Time: 45 minutes
1 lb ground beef
1 package taco seasoning mix
¾ cup water
1-1/2 lbs mini bell peppers
1 cup shredded cheese
Cilantro Lime Cream Sauce
½ cup sour cream
½ cup fresh cilantro
½ teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons lime juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Slice 1/3 of each pepper off lengthwise, reserving for later use. Remove seeds. Try to slice off the curvier side of the pepper, so the flatter side remains – making it easier to stay put while stuffing.
3. Dice the reserved peppers and set aside ¾ cup.
4. In a large skillet, cook beef and reserved ¾ cup diced peppers in medium high heat until beef is brown; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water.
Cook over medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let mixture slightly cool.
5. Fill each pepper as full as possible with the beef mixture and place on a baking sheet. Bake peppers for 13-15 minutes.
6. While the peppers are baking, make the Cilantro Lime Cream Sauce. In a food processor, pulse the sour cream, cilantro garlic, and lime juice until smooth.
Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
7. Remove peppers from oven and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Return to the oven for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
8. Place the Cilantro Lime Cream Sauce in a small plastic bag. Snip the corner off with scissors and drizzle the peppers with the sauce.
Notes: The peppers can be assembled in advance and placed in the oven when ready to bake. If time permits, make the Cilantro Lime Cream Sauce a day ahead of time to give the flavors more time to blend.
So, what do you think? Love the sound of this easy stuffed peppers recipe? If yes, I urge you to make a batch and test it out. The cilantro cream sauce is a winner and add so much yumminess to this recipe ten times over!
Happy Cooking 🙂
FREE Self-Care Planner Bundle when you subscribe!
Your email will never be shared!
Angela McKinney says
These look so easy and yummy. My family had never made them with these peppers before but I love the idea. Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty
Angela McKinney recently posted…Home Matters Linky Party #35
Michelle @ A Dish of Daily Life says
You had me at cilantro lime cream sauce! I am addicted to anything with cilantro and lime in it!