Halloween is closing in on us! Are you ready? As part of winding up my Halloween 2014 series, may I present to you Layered Pumpkin Trifle, the perfect Halloween treat for the whole family to enjoy! As like my other recipes, this one is quite easy to make, I promise! Try making this today or on Halloween day and serve it with love 🙂 Your family will thank you for it! That being said, Pumpkin Trifle is the final post in this year’s Halloween series.It is only fitting to end it on a sweet note, don’t you think? 😉 Happy Halloween everyone!
Are you looking for perfect Halloween treats ideas? May be a pumpkin dessert?
Then you need to look no further than this Pumpkin Trifle. It is layer after layer of sweet flavors, and it is sure to please even the toughest of crowds. You don’t need a great deal of supplies or time to whip up your own, in fact, even the most novice of chefs will be able to create this yummy Halloween dessert. Take a look below at how you can get started. There is no better way to get into the spirit of fall and into the spirit of Halloween 🙂 !
Featured Halloween Treat-LayeredPumpkin Trifle
1 cup of cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
4 cups of Cool Whip, regular
1 cup of powdered sugar
1 can of pumpkin puree , or pumpkin pie filling
1 Box of basic Graham crackers
1 cup of walnuts
1 teaspoon of butter
Directions to making your own Perfect Halloween Treat!
1. Begin by tossing the walnuts in a pan on low heat with a teaspoon of butter. Gently toss the walnuts until browned. Set aside.
2. Set the cream cheese on the counter at room temperature so it can soften. Once it is soft, break it apart in a bowl. Whip until the cream cheese is fluffy.
3. Stir in the heavy cream. Continue to stir and then whip so the mixture stays fluffy.
4. Now, you can add the powdered sugar and the pumpkin puree or pie filling. Continue to stir well.
5. Gently sprinkle in the pumpkin pie spice. Mix well.
6. Finish the mixture by adding 2 cups of Cool Whip. Reserve the second cup at this time. 7. Now, create a layer on the bottom, of your pan using the graham crackers. Break them apart to create a thin, even layer. Top them with a very thin layer of Cool Whip.
8. Next, spread the pumpkin and cream mixture over the Cool Whip layer.
9. Top the pumpkin layer with another layer of Cool Whip. Just use the remaining portion. Spread it evenly over the top.
10. Finish the trifle by topping the Cool Whip with the toasted walnuts. Simply sprinkle them on as little or as much as you wish.
Place the pumpkin trifle in the refrigerator for 2 hours. It is important to not skip this step, since it will help firm the dessert up. This will not only make the flavor better, but make the dessert easier to cut and serve. Serve cold with milk and enjoy!
Now, how is that for a perfect Halloween treat? 🙂
FREE Self-Care Planner Bundle when you subscribe!
Your email will never be shared!
Michelle @ A Dish of Daily Life says
Looks delicious Vinma!! I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of pumpkin! Thanks for sharing it with us at Foodie Fridays! Pinning and sharing!
Michelle @ A Dish of Daily Life recently posted…Lebanese Lentil Soup with Lemon and Noodles
Foodie in WV says
I’m a big fan of anything with pumpkin 🙂 I love how easy this recipe is, it looks great!
Foodie in WV recently posted…Curried Egg Salad Sandwiches Using Dave’s Killer Bread
Judy Cowan says
We love pumpkin and this looks like an an amazing dessert to make with it. Thanks so much for sharing it!