As a ‘Chicken Soup for the Soul’ blogger, I recently got a chance to read and review two of the latest books in the Chicken Soup for the Soul Series- Miracles Happen and .
Now, I loved both books but understandably, I felt more drawn towards the latter. Being a busy Mom, juggling full time work and taking care of kids, sometimes there are moments when I feel like I am losing it! My patience with hubby and children run thin and every small thing can set me off in no time… I feel like I am The worst Mom ever to my kids and The worst wife ever to my hubby.
These are the days I feel like I am not cut out for this “mom business”. And all I want to do is to run away…
Chicken Soup for the Soul’sis a collection of 101 Inspiring and Amusing Stories for Mothers Who Do it All.
And this is a perfect book to read for all you Moms out there by making some “Me Time”! We know how busy we are but we also know the importance of carving out sometime for ourselves to recharge and rejuvenate. Multitasking Mom will keep you good company. You will read how other Moms like you are surviving their multitasking years. They share their best tips plus some of their funniest disaster stories 🙂 I guarantee you that you will be entertained while reading these stories but you will also pick up some great insights for your own life.
Some of the things you will learn about in this book are…
1. Making “me time”- how to make sure you take care of yourself.
2. Feeding the Family- not everyone is a domestic goddess 🙂
3. Sharing Good Advice- Moms pass on tips they wish they had known when they needed them!
4. Feeling Guilty- Story after story about why you should NOT feel guilty 🙂
…and the list goes on.
Do you think that this book is speaking to you Mamma? Yes, feelings are mutual 🙂
Now, a word about Miracles Happen
This Chicken Soup for the Soul book is all about hope, answered prayers and divine intervention. The inherent message seems to this- Miracles happen everyday-we just have to look to see them. The powerful stories written in Miracles Happen will give you hope and deepen your faith. This collection of amazing stories prove that miracles happen to everyone- people from all walks of life.
Following stories touched me on a personal level…
1. A blind mother and her long lost daughter are reunited after they recognize each other’s music at a jam session where they both happen to be playing.
2. A daughter, distraught after she loses her late mother’s ring in New Jersey, miraculously finds the ring two and half years later in Jamaica!
3. A woman finds signs from her beloved Dad after he dies, including a raffle ticket with his old house number on it that wins her $10,000 on her wedding ring!
These are just some of the Chicken Soup for the Soul stories in these latest books!
Two of my readers can win both these awesome books from Chicken Soup for the Soul! All you have to do is to enter the giveaway below 🙂