1. First and Foremost, I get one more year older (That is a “no go” if it was up to me)
2. K&K gets one more year older as well (I have mixed feelings about that. Part of me wants them to remain as my two little kiddies forever (IMPOSSIBLE) and part of me wants them to grow up into two beautiful human beings that the world would ever see! )
3.Kevin will start his school in September of this new year and I cannot contain the pride that I feel about him already! My baby is going to take that first step ever in shaping up the future for his life successes to come. (Tonight, I will drink to that 🙂
4.This year marks the 7th year of our married life! ( How did that happen???)
5. My maternity leave will come to an end in March 2013 and I am not happy about it. Hell, I hate it. In fact this is the biggest challenge I will be facing in the coming months. (God help me!)
6. I might also change jobs in the new year. It is very important and I am very anxious about it because I was so comfortable and used to my current work atmosphere. This will also bring in some changes and everyone in my family will need to cope up with the new situations. (Not sure if I should be looking forward to it or not)
7. I will be three months into blogging when January comes! I would like to say I have made few blogger friends over the past months and so far the journey is very exciting and wonderful.
8. I have been doing some serious thinking about pursuing higher education in the field of Business Studies to help with my career. And I have come to a conclusion very recently. That, it is very difficult to make that decision at this point with the two kids on my toes and a demanding career. So I have decided to contribute (or rather waste) one more year into the “thinking process” in regards to this. Hopefully, I will have better news for you at the end of 2013.
9. It is been so long since I have gone to visit my family back home in India. To be exact, it is four years. Even this last maternity leave posed some reasons to postpone the Indian trip to another time. So, I am making it a point in the coming year to take some time and go visit my family back home. This means, I need to arrange the necessary vacation and sort out our finances to make it happen. (Something for my “To do” list this year)
10. Finally, I would like to say thank you to the all powerful God for letting me witness one more year while being healthy, happy and surrounded by my most cherished children and a loving husband with all the rest of our family.
So, what do I feel after making this list? Well, you know what? I think I am more than ready to herald a New Year! I am not much of a person who takes new resolutions every year but I am a person who strongly feel about counting her blessings as 2013 knocks at her door. I think I am exactly where I should be in this Life’s journey to welcome new experiences and receive new blessings. I hope you are too! Let’s celebrate to that. Happy New Year to all!!!