Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Wheat Pancakes- Simple Homemade Pancake Recipe
In our house, we love breakfast foods for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Pancakes are typically part of the menu, as they are easy and inexpensive to make and tend to be a hit with everyone at the table. If you are looking for a Simple Homemade Pancake Recipe, take a look at these Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Wheat Pancakes that you must try!
With Gay Lea’s Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Spreadables, it is so easy to whip up this recipe.
The Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Spreadable combines creamery butter with unsaturated canola oil and it makes it spreadable on any food, right from the fridge! A yummy source of Omega 3, with no added preservatives, this Spreadable contains real cinnamon and brown sugar!
So you can see these cinnamon and brown sugar wheat pancakes are the perfect combination of sweet and savory, and can be made up in just minutes. Here is how you can get started making a batch of your own Simple Homemade Pancakes.
Simple Homemade Pancake Recipe
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 large egg
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
4 tablespoons of Gay Lea’s Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Spreadable
Now, here is how you can make your pancake batter
1. Begin by combining all of the dry goods in a large mixing bowl. This would include both flour varieties, the sugar, cinnamon power, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
2. Now, add the egg, vanilla extract, Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Spreadable, and milk. Mix well until the ingredients are a smooth batter. If the mixture seems thick, feel free to add a teaspoon of milk at a time until it is the consistency you wish. If it seems too runny, you can a teaspoon of flour at a time until it thickens up.
3. Prepare your skillet by spraying it with a non stick spray. Bring it to a medium/high heat. Pour the mixture onto the skillet one tablespoon at a time. Let the pancake sit for 30 seconds before gently flipping. You will know your pancakes are done when the outside is golden brown and they spring back when touched with the spatula.
4. Remove the pancakes from the heat and spread some additional cinnamon butter on top of them before serving. You can serve them as is or feel free to add a side of syrup.
Your Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Wheat Pancakes are now ready to be enjoyed! Try them with eggs, bacon, fruit, or any of your other breakfast favorites! You will find that no matter what you serve them with, they will taste great. Hope you find this Simple Homemade Pancake Recipe a success in your home..
Enjoy breakfast anytime of the day when you give these Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Wheat Pancakes a try. They are the perfect way to gather the family around the table and enjoy a great meal!
The Gay Lea Giveaway
This month Gay Lea is giving away ONE grand prize! To celebrate all of the delicious ways you can infuse Gay Lea’s Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Spreadables into fun recipes, they’re giving away an amazing brunch kit consisting of one Cuisinart Professional Rotary Waffle Maker, one Cuisinart Conical Burr Coffee Grinder and one Staub En France Cast Iron 10” Frypan! Total approximate value: $340. Gay Lea is also giving away 1 year of free Gay Lea product (12 coupons for free Gay Lea product) to one reader . Both giveaways will be open from April 1, 2015-April 30, 2015. So Enter below. Good Luck everyone!
– Readers may enter across many blogs, they may only win on a single blog.
– Entrants must be a resident of Canada, however those in Quebec are unfortunately unable to enter the giveaway.
– Winner(s) can expect their prize in approximately 4-6 weeks!
Check out newsletter while you are at it!website for yummy seasonal recipes, exclusive coupons, lifestyle tips and more. Sign-up for their
Disclosure: I am part of the Gay Lea Ambassador Campaign with Influence Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with group. The opinions on this blog are my own.