If you are expecting guests this Valentine’s Day, or just want to keep some sweet treats on hand, these Valentine’s Day Strawberry Tea Cakes are the perfect solution. Easy and inexpensive to make, these cakes are the perfect pop of Valentine’s Day charm! Take a peek below at how you can make your own to enjoy. They are sure to go over well with guests, children, or anyone you happen to entertain.
Valentine’s Day Strawberry Tea Cakes
½ cup milk
1 dozen strawberries, washed and diced
6 large egg whites
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cup cake flour
1 ½ cup sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 sticks of butter
1. Begin by placing the strawberries in a food processor and puree them until smooth.
2. In a bowl mix the strawberry puree, milk, egg, and vanilla. Mix until well blended.
3. Then add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Continue to mix well.
4. Once the batter is formed, add your softened butter and mix one last time.
5. Grease your cake pan and lightly flour it. Pour the batter into the pan and allow it a few seconds to settle.
6. Bake for 25 minutes in a preheated oven at 350 degrees. A tooth pick should come out clean when it is ready.
7. Allow the cake to cool. This may take as much as one hour. Once cooled, cut it into thick slices. Using your heart shaped cookie cutter, cut the cake into shapes.
You can serve these Valentine’s Day Tea Cakes as is, or make mini sandwiches out of them with cream cheese or frosting in the center. You can even add fruit slices if you wish. Either way, they are the perfect sweet treat!
So gather your supplies and give these Valentine’s Day Tea Cakes a try. They are so easy!
Happy Valentines Day everyone! Enjoy the Strawberry Tea cake 🙂
FREE Self-Care Planner Bundle when you subscribe!
Your email will never be shared!
my kids get so excited about valentine’s day themed things. I’m going to make these! Thank you!
Monica recently posted…Dylan’s Candy Bar With Crayola Fashion
Diane Estrella says
These look so cute and delicious. Love that they are heart shaped for my sweetie!
Diane Estrella recently posted…PURACY: All Natural Cleaning Essentials
I used to like to have tea with my mom. These are awesome!
Sarah Bailey says
Ohhh what a fabulous idea – they look just perfect for Valentines and sound delicious! x
Sarah Bailey recently posted…Candle Rings – Burning Love: Review
I saw these little cakes today and wanted to see them, but forgot (maybe in a linky?). I’m glad to see them now. They’re cute, and I love that they’re shaped like a heart. 🙂
My entire family are huge strawberry loves, so I bet this would be something we would all enjoy. I love the cute little heart shapes too. I think I may try making these with a little bit of help from my kiddos.
Lawna recently posted…Month of Love Giveaway
I don’t celebrate valentines, but these would be great for a little girls tea party!
This would be a fun dessert for kids to make! Thanks for the idea and recipe.